Wednesday 24 March 2010

bargins of the day


Two great bargains of the day from the bottom of 2 retailers bargain bins!


  • A collection of 3 Enid Blyton Mystries- A bargin from Waterstones £2.49! I am trying to reach back to a more innocent times, were children were actually children.

  • Zoe Heller- Notes on a Scandal- A steal at a pound in WHSmiths. On of my all time favourite films, hope it is as good as the film. I also really like the interviews i've read of Zoe Heller, she feels like a breath of fresh air in the literary world.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Notes on A Scandal. I read the book before I saw the film and was worried that (as usually happens) the film would not match the book but I was pleasantly surprised and Judi Dench was fantastic. I think you'll enjoy the book as you already know you're not supposed to like any of the characters yet you end up really "enjoying" the story. It will be interesting to hear what you think of it when you get round to it - if your TBR pile is anything like mine, could be quite a while! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get back to you in abouta year lolx

    ReplyDelete