Sunday 4 April 2010

The Other Boleyn Girl- Phillipa Gregory


This book does what it says on the tin. Tells the story of Anne's sister, Mary. Who was used and abused by Henry VIII and was usurped from the kings side by her notorious sister. If there was a line you could measure humanity on Mary and Anne would be on the opposite end. Vastly different and brilliantly developed as characters by Gregory. I was secretly pleased when Anne's head was chopped off, as Gregory wasn't sympathetic towards Anne, she was portrayed as a power mad vixen . This has been the best book I have read in a long time. I've never read any historical fiction, and loved how modern the themes of the book are, it really reminded me of our culture of celebrity relationships! It was brimming with sex and scandal... I loved every word of it, there was not a single, boring page and I never wanted it to end! Can't wait too read more about the Tudor's.

No comments:

Post a Comment